Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A day late..

And a dollar short? Drats! I need all the dollars I can get right now. Heh!

No, seriously, I was suppose to blog yesterday but I've been ill again. Still am today and was even sent home from work early because of it. I'm just now feeling well enough to really sit here and try to form some coherent thoughts.

So there isn't a whole lot to say right now as far as what is going on with my relationship with Mistress and Sir, because of the holidays and other things going on outside of the relationship. However, a few days ago I was reading through luna's blog at her Thursday Questions. I figured I'd go back through them and discuss some of them here periodically when there isn't much else to talk about, like now.

Here's the one I chose for today.
Everyone gets angry, but as a submissive how do you convey that anger? What ways do you release the anger? What if you are angry with your partner? How do you safely express your feelings without regrets?

I can honestly say that I've never been angry with Mistress. Granted, there have been times when I've felt frustrated when we are having trouble communicating to one another, but that's not very often. And when it does happen, we both try to take a step back, breathe and then try to explain things to the other person in a different way. It works more times than it doesn't.

Also, I know that if for some reason I ever do become angry with Mistress that she would wish for me to tell her. But I wouldn't just be allowed to yell or scream it at her. I would do my best to approach her calmly and rationally, and then discuss whatever the situation was together and come to common ground.

If I'm angry with others, there is a very specific way that Mistress has me deal with it which involves writing it out - why I'm angry, what happened to make me angry or hurt, and to truly forgive the person and write that out as well. It helps me immensely to be able to release pent up anger and hurt. Sometimes, too, she might have me write the person a letter, or speak directly to them. It's all about taking back your own power, and not handing it out for others to use and abuse. And it works.

No comments: