Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Thursday Questions

Looking to the future, how do you see yourself changing in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years?
OR
Looking to the past, what changes have you gone though from 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years?

I know it says -or-, but I think I am going to answer both!

First, I'll answer for the past.
One year ago, I didn't have a job and thought life wasn't worth living. I was severely depressed and didn't want to do anything.
Five years ago, I was still in college and working my butt off to keep my grades up so that I could graduate on time! :)
Ten years ago (from today), I had no clue I would lose my mom two weeks later. And when I did it sent me into a downward spiral of the worst sort of depression I've ever experienced. Even worse than a year ago. I'm amazed that I made it through that time with as much sanity as I did. I love you Mom!

Now, for the future.
In one year, I expect myself to have a well paying job that I love, have my diabetes under control and have lost most, if not all the weight that I need to lose!
In five years, I expect to still have that job, still have diabetes under control and to have kept the weight off. I also expect to be living with (or much closer) to Mistress and Sir and to have deepened our relationship even further. I will hopefully be doing volunteer work, perhaps with a group that advocates for people with disabilities. :)
And, in ten years, all of the above, plus I expect to have decided if I wish to have children of my own, adopt, or not. And if not, then I wish to maybe be a foster parent, or to donate regularly to an organization that helps children in need. By then Mistress' business will be soaring! And I'll help her with that as much as she wishes. :)

No comments: