Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well, the hurricane kind of got me off track with my schedule and even though my Mistress told me ahead of time that it was alright, it still bugs me. Not because I feel like I didn't do what I was suppose to do (since she said it was ok) but because when I'm following the schedule I feel so much more connected to her. That's not to say that I didn't feel connected to her over the weekend, because I did, it was just in a different way. I'm really not exactly sure how to explain it to be honest. We lost power for a few hours Saturday and I spent much of the weekend at my sister's house with her family (in the dark!). For the most part it was a fun weekend, aside from the stress from the storm. I made sure that I knew my submissive mantra by Friday night so that over the weekend (mainly Saturday) when I felt scared or anxious I was able to say it, even if just in my head, and would instantly feel much calmer and at peace. I'm so thankful for that.

So, Saturday and Sunday my Mistress has set aside time for me to learn more about my spirituality, given me prayer time and allowed time to learn how to become a FLY Lady. Saturday, I wasn't able to do that, but yesterday I did and I looked up information on light bringers (indigo's, crystal's, and rainbow's - if you want to know, I'd be happy to share what I've learned or give sites for you to read on your own). I found some really amazing sites out there and I hope to eventually buy some books about it so that I can read it over and over as often as I want. It's really interesting, and I know even more now that my niece is a crystal as are a few of the kids that I work with. So, I'm learning how to work with them better so as not to stifle them. I also am not certain that I was "born" an indigo. However, I believe I am one now. I used to think that you couldn't "become" one, but I read something yesterday that said that you could be, that eventually everyone's thinking will turn that way and it's all about a certain way of thinking and being.

I also was able to look up more things about being a FLY Lady and I hope to buy two of her books soon as well. She teaches you how to organize your house and get it clean and decluttered, and my house is in desparate need of that ! So, I'm looking forward to working on that (Mistress gave time for it in my schedule.)

This morning was the first morning that I did my submissive mantra with the candles I bought, and it makes a HUGE difference! I wasn't sure that it would, but it truly does. It's almost like meditating. Actually, I guess that is what I was doing - meditating on the words.

I did not go job hunting this morning as I was suppose to do. :( I woke up sick and haven't been able to leave the bathroom for much more than ten minutes at a time so far. But, I'm taking meds and hopefully will be totally better by tomorrow so I can work. I have to go to work - no other choice! I hate though that I wasn't able to get out and look for another job. I need one badly. But, I know I am motivated and will be out there Friday and I WILL find one.

Friday night, Mistress spent a lot of time with me, and allowed me to stay up way past my bedtime because I was so worried and scared about the hurricane. I have family down where it hit really badly and their homes were flooded and damaged. I wasn't afraid of that, I was afraid of losing lives, which thankfully everyone I know made it through it well. But, I'm so grateful to my Mistress for staying with me and helping me work through my fears about the hurricane, especially when I know she needed to sleep as well and I do feel guilty for taking that from her. I'm just glad shee was able to sleep later the next day!

Well, I believe that's all for now, folks. I'll be back on Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm an indigo child...my mother found one of the earlier books written on them and read it and said...OMG that's you...i've never seen the others...now i have to look them up too...thanks...lol

Her's said...

That is so cool! :) If you go to amazon.com and type in indigo children or something of the sort it will bring up tons of books on indigos and crystals. My niece is a crystal, she's only two, but it's sooo obvious!